These quieter days before the holiday season are an opportunity for reflection: a time to take inventory, and an opportunity to look back at past accomplishments as well as the challenges that motivate us, with an eye on that which comes next. For all of us at Gallery 224, looking back on 2021 is a bittersweet proposition.
December 1st, 2021
While we celebrated the gallery’s 10-year anniversary and 53rd exhibition, titled "To be continued," we also had to say goodbye to our beautiful friend and Gallery 224 founder Jane Suddendorf, who lost her battle with cancer this summer.
Borrowing from the title of the gallery’s 53 rd exhibition, we are focused on moving forward and continuing the traditions and programs that are now part of Jane’s legacy, promoting the inestimable value of art, artists and land conservation. And that is why we are reaching out to you today.
In order to continue these indispensable programs, we need your help more than ever! The goal for our 2021 Fundraising Campaign is to raise $50,000 by December 31, 2021.
Your contribution will help us continue to make the gallery a welcoming space for all, bringing emerging and established artists, photographers, writers and the community together. Registered as the Port Washington-Saukville Arts Council (PWSAC), we are a non-profit organization offering three interdependent, yet distinct programs:
● Gallery 224 has a 10-year history in the Port Washington community, hosting over 50 art exhibitions and featuring the work of over 600 artists.
● The ARTservancy program facilitates year-long partnerships between resident artists and land trust properties in southeast Wisconsin, with the participating artists creating a body of visual and written artwork along with educational opportunities for the public.
● Studio 224 is a collaborative studio space and home to a project-based Artist Residency Program. The studio has supported over 40 artists residencies to date, providing workspace as well as a darkroom, monotype press and an etching press.
These vital programs have made a tremendous impact to our community, introducing thousands of visitors to Port Washington – visitors who otherwise may have never discovered all the other wonderful things our community has to offer, from recreation to retail, and so much more.
This is why we are asking that you make us a priority with a donation in support of the Port Washington-Saukville Arts Council (PWSAC). By contributing today, you will play a vital role in helping Gallery 224, ARTservancy and Studio 224 thrive, supporting artists and helping to keep our downtown flourishing.
In order to make the donation process as easy as possible, we offer two ways for you to contribute:
1. Check: Checks should be made out to “Gallery 224,” and mailed to Gallery 224, 303 N. Franklin St., Port Washington, WI 53074. You will receive a tax receipt for your donation.
2. Credit Card: To make a donation online visit Gallery224.org/supportus.
Should you have any questions regarding your donation, please contact Tracy Milkowski, PWSAC Board Chair at (414) 405-5863 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on upcoming exhibitions and events, please visit Gallery224.org. Thank you for your ongoing support and for being an essential member of the Gallery 224 community.
Pam Strohl Tracy Milkowski
ARTservancy Director PWSAC Board Chair